All in all a promoters dream in the 2010 World Cup – so many games changing so many fortunes all hanging on a knife edge in the 3rd round!
- No bigger than Chile v Spain – a Spanish loss and they are out.
- Italy v Slovakia – Italy must win to get through (NZ v Paraguay to add some smeltz…I’m sorry spice).
- Japan v Denmark – winner through to the next round.
- Germany v Ghana – could the unthinkable happen and Germany not qualify for the round of 16?
- Our Socceroos v Serbia – Aussie win may get us through depending on results, Serbian win sees them into the next round.
- Slovenia v England – a must win for England or one of the tournament favourites is going home! The spice is that if USA win, England must win by more to ensure a place in the next round.
- USA v Algeria – USA an unlikely member of the final 16 but should get through with a win.
- South Korea v Nigeria – Sth Korea will again move on to the round of 16 with a win.
- Greece v Argentina – Greece need to win by more than Sth Korea if they are to go through. A tall order against an undefeated Argentinian team.
- France v the host nation – You would think a France win on paper but has all the team unrest and infighting taken its toll? Besides if Uruguay v Mexico is a draw, this result doesn’t matter.
- Uruguay v Mexico – A winner heads the group whilst the loser may miss out. A draw and both go through.
How good is that 12 out of 16 games with a direct result on the next round.